1.25.2012

Trendy

Hi Friends,

It's trendy day for the Freckles in April 10 Day Challenge. I had a good time really thinking about current trends and seeing what I could put together.  Today I chose two things!  A side-headband braid and a houndstooth skirt. 

I have always loved braids!  Tina can vouch for my many french braids in grad school :)  So I am happy that they are back, even though I wear them anyway!  I have been inspired to try new braids from this precious girl at My Soul is the Sky Blog.  I recently found her blog and am hooked.

For my outfit, I chose a houndstooth skirt.  I still see houndstooth around, so I assume it's still trendy in other areas.  Because if you live in Alabama, houndstooth has been trendy since the mid-60's when Alabama coach, Paul "Bear" Bryant wore his signature houndstooth hat to football games.  I'm positive it will continue to be a trend in Alabama during and after football season! Can you tell that life in Alabama revolves around college football?!?!
 Shirt: Banana Republic, Skirt: Macys, Booties: gift (from Ecuador!), Belt: Macys

Tina's turn!

I've noticed soft, feminine, flowy blouses are super on trend right now (See Kendi 1, 2, 3, 4, 5; Blair 1, 2, 3; Krystal 1, 2; Emily 1, 2, 3 to name a few!!) - add a pop of animal print and ta da!

blouse: Loft, jeans: Gap, belt: Banana Outlet, shoes: Minnetonka

Took pictures before work today - excuse the sleepy face! :)

1 comment:

Kayla Moncur said...

I love both of these! That side braid is SO pretty. And I'm totally on board the soft flowy blouse train. They're so awesome!

Kayla
Freckles in April