Rationalizations for my problem: Last year before getting married I bought many different products to try to get my lips kissably smooth.. who wants to see chapped lips in wedding pictures? Not this girl. Also, lip balms are typically a more affordable beauty product impulse buy - too easy to stock pile!
Here are some hits (and a few misses) .. from a chap stick junkie just in time to help get those dry summer lips in control! These 10 items are currently in my possession:
1. Burt's Bees original - Sure to be familiar to everyone! My oldest friend, this standard has a yummy mint tingly ability that makes it addicting. This product used to be my go-to favorite, until I met #8.
2. Burt's Bees acai berry - Being a junkie anytime I see a new Burt's Bees product, I just have to try it. This was a bit of a disappointment. No mint tingly goodness, and not very effective at healing chapped lips!
3. L'Occitane - I picked this up before my wedding after reading about it in a magazine, and it fell short. It's too waxy and doesn't glide on, and is just kinda cakey. Not worth the price. Would not buy again.
4. Eos Sweet Mint - My newest find! I'm sure you're not surprised I was most attracted to the packaging! It's not as quality as #8, but I'm a sucker for mint, and feel that this isn't just a fun package, it actually works and has a similar Burt's Bees tingle!
5. Palmer's Swivel Stick - This fun balm is the size of glue stick, which adds to its appeal! It actually is a great product too! The light cocoa butter is very soothing, and a change from all my favorite minty products!
6. Nivea - Not sure when/ why I picked this one up? It's the sickness, I guess. Not great, wouldn't recommend.
7. Laura Mercier Lip Silk - Another pre-wedding purchase! At first I hated this product and was so bummed I shelled out some money on this! Somehow after a few months, the product became more soft, and now I love it! I keep this by my bed and apply it at night! It's less glossy/ goopy than #9!
8. Carmex mint - my newest favorite!! I find it's MUCH better than Burt's Bees - I don't have to keep reapplying throughout the day. The mint version makes it less medicine-y than the original. If you can find it, give it a try! I think you'll become fast friends!
9. Kiehl's original - next to Burt's Bees, my oldest favorite! The flavor is not especially delicious (like #10, mango) but it works! Perfect to apply before bed time, but be warned, it's a little glossy and may not be loved by your bed mate!
10. Kiehl's mango - a fun twist on the original, but in my opinion, not as good at staying or moisturizing, but the flavor is simply delicious! This one stays in my purse!
-My favorites: #4, 5, 7, 8, 9
-Nice, but not as fabulous: #1, 10
-Would not buy again: #2, 3, 6
Not pictured, but also in my collection:
-Carmex cherry and strawberry -- it's nearly impossible to find the mint, so in helping me look, family picked these up for me. They're just ok - I find it too similar to the original and has a funny taste.
-Eos summer fruit - I couldn't find the sweet mint at first and was disappointed in this product. The scent was nice, but too light. The sweet mint is much better!
What did I miss? What are your favorite lip balms??