5.24.2011

That Dreaded Swimsuit


Well friends, it's time for that dreaded season....bathing suit season.  Memorial Day is fast approaching and many of you out in blogland will probably doing something water-related, I will!  The most important thing is to feel comfortable and not compare yourself to others (still working on this one!).  A few weeks ago, my husband and I went to the lake with some friends and I was having horrible bathing suit anxiety. Many thanks to a fellow wife, who made me feel so much better about the situation (Shout out to Michelle...love ya!).

I bought several new swim suits last year before our honeymoon, so I will not be buying any swim gear this year.  But if I was, this is what I would buy (it's a short list because I do love all my "new" bathing suits)...

I love this little skirt.  It covers what you want covered, but it still super cute and comes in many colors!!!  It is from Victoria's Secret.

I'm girl-y and love the ruffles.  I also like this bathing suit because it looks "secure" enough to participate in water sports and still look cute!  I need to be able to tube and water ski AND make sure the bathing suit is still there after :)  This Bathing Suit is from Macy's.












I would love a new cover-up.  I want something like this:

So fun, colorful, and breezy!  It makes me want to go to the beach ASAP.  P.S.  This cover-up is $88!  Not sure who pays that much for a cover-up.  On a positive note, I'm pretty sure it could be a really cool and versatile top as well.  Ahhh...want.it.now.

Hang on girls, as we get through bathing suit season TOGETHER!!!

So, what's on your bathing suit/swimwear wish list?? 

No comments: