On a number of occasions over the past few weeks I had thoughts of blogging but it never happened. So I'll do a quick recap/ update bullet style!
- I had the opportunity to wear my bed bug suit for the first time. I warned my client ahead of time that I'd look like a white monster. Fortunately I did not see any bed bugs and my client took it surprisingly well. Phew.
- Our agency is getting a new computer system and I'm on the committee that is working on the software and finding all the bugs before "go live" date. It has been a really interesting yet time consuming project. The especially neat thing has been working with other coworkers and our manager and supervisor to customize the software to fit our needs! I love getting to brainstorm and share ideas on something that will impact our agency for the next few years - until the next software comes along! :)
- Husband and I went to NYC for a weekend in December. We had been planning a getaway to New York around the holidays even before he deployed to Iraq. It was a quick and busy weekend that was absolutely magical! I'd highly recommend going around the holidays if you ever have a chance!
|Cab ride into the city from the airport|
- I've read 2 of the 3 books in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series. The first book took a little patience to get into, but I was quickly hooked! I finished The Girl Who Played With Fire this morning and just purchased the last one on husband's Kindle! I was worried about how disturbing the first book would be based on everything I had heard - and expected something along the lines of Precious. There were some rough spots definitely, but it was hardly the majority of the book. Have you read the books?
- Lastly - for now at least - Social Work Couture's 1 year birthday was 12/30! So happy belated birthday to us! We're still a baby in comparison to other blogs, but I feel like I've learned a lot so far about blogging and Photoshop and hope to post more regularly in 2012! Thanks for following us!