1.02.2012

Belated

Happy new year!!! I'm hope your year is off to a great start! I have the day off and am still in my pjs enjoying the day with the husband. We made cinnamon apple pancakes with chocolate chips for breakfast and are enjoying some football this afternoon! Tonight we're going on a double date with my brother and his girlfriend. A perfect day indeed.

On a number of occasions over the past few weeks I had thoughts of blogging but it never happened. So I'll do a quick recap/ update bullet style!

  • I had the opportunity to wear my bed bug suit for the first time. I warned my client ahead of time that I'd look like a white monster. Fortunately I did not see any bed bugs and my client took it surprisingly well. Phew.
  • Our agency is getting a new computer system and I'm on the committee that is working on the software and finding all the bugs before "go live" date. It has been a really interesting yet time consuming project. The especially neat thing has been working with other coworkers and our manager and supervisor to customize the software to fit our needs! I love getting to brainstorm and share ideas on something that will impact our agency for the next few years - until the next software comes along! :)
  • Husband and I went to NYC for a weekend in December. We had been planning a getaway to New York around the holidays even before he deployed to Iraq. It was a quick and busy weekend that was absolutely magical! I'd highly recommend going around the holidays if you ever have a chance!
Cab ride into the city from the airport
Pretty, eh?
  • I've read 2 of the 3 books in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series. The first book took a little patience to get into, but I was quickly hooked! I finished The Girl Who Played With Fire this morning and just purchased the last one on husband's Kindle! I was worried about how disturbing the first book would be based on everything I had heard - and expected something along the lines of Precious. There were some rough spots definitely, but it was hardly the majority of the book. Have you read the books?
  • Lastly - for now at least - Social Work Couture's 1 year birthday was 12/30! So happy belated birthday to us! We're still a baby in comparison to other blogs, but I feel like I've learned a lot so far about blogging and Photoshop and hope to post more regularly in 2012! Thanks for following us!

2 comments:

Blubtrflygrl said...

Never suited up for bed bugs at work.......just treat every home I go into as a potential problem.

Good blog anniversary date. Same birthdate as my son.

Glad you liked NY even if it is slightly crazy around the holidays.

Blubtrflygrl said...

P.S. I have started to read the first book in the series and never gotten around to finishing it. Perhaps a goal for the new year ;).